In order to begin creating a checklist, the first thing you should do is navigate the Checklists tab found on the left side of the screen.
Click New Checklist Category. If you already have an existing checklist category, just select on the existing one (skip Steps 1 - 2).
- Type in the category name
- Click the Save button located at the right side of the field
- Click the newly created category
- Click New Checklist
- Set the checklist name
- Optional: Change the checklist image and the description of the checklist
- Adjust the passing percentage accordingly. If the checklist will have no scoring, set the passing percentage to 0%.
- Click Create Checklist
9. Then the checklist has been created, the Question Editor will appear. You may proceed in adding a question group by clicking the Add New Category button. This will create the first question category.
10. Type in the name of your question category (e.g. FOH and BOH) and click the pencil icon to save.
11. Start adding questions by clicking the + icon. You can now input the 1st question ( Question 1.1) and set any Question Description if necessary. For your Answer Choices, you have the following options:
- Multiple Choice - a simple closed-ended question type that lets users select an answer from a defined list of choices. Can have single select or multi-select answer options. Example: Yes/No
- Dropdown – Similar to multiple-choice that allows the user to choose one or more value from a list but is presented in a dropdown format
- Text Input - an input field where the user can enter alphanumeric data. Example: Names
- Number Input - used to let the user enter a number. Example: Temperatures
- Date Input – used to let the user choose a date
12. Once the Answer Choice is chosen (e.g. Multiple Choice), you then can put the specific information you would like to be seen for this particular question. You can also add the scoring base of which answer as well as adjust the colors.
- Score – This is where you set the value or corresponding points of each answer option.
- Color – You have the option to set different colors per answer option. Example: Yes = Green and No = Red.
- Auto-fail – Once enabled, the inspection will automatically fail if the user chooses this specific answer option.
- Exclude from scoring – Once enabled, the inspection will not include this item from the total scoring if the user chooses this answer option.
- You may also choose from the Preset Answers by clicking the Add Answer Preset button. Preset answers are initially created at the settings tab.
13. Adding multiple answer sets under one question is easy. Just click Add Answer. If a photo is required, you can tick Require Photo, then hit Save.
14. Training Images & Links Tab allows you to add a reference image on a specific question or you can put a website link if necessary.
15. To rearrange a question in the checklist editor, simply drag and drop the item to its desired order. Simply hover to the 6 dots icon and then drag and drop.
16. Once all questions have been created, and ready to go, you have two options - Draft or Publish.
- Save Draft - A draft checklist can even be added to a user group(s) for testing via the CoInspect App! When testing a draft checklist, no data will be saved as the checklist is not finalized.
- Publish - locks it down from further editing. Once it is all good, you can publish the checklist for everyone to access
17. Add the checklist to a User Group so you’ll be able to access it on the mobile side. Please see How to Add a User Group on how to do that.
For further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.